There were a few questions that the trial was hoping to answer:
- Does the sound travel into the town?
- Is the sound too noisy in the local area?
- Do people know what the noise is?
- Is between 7am to 10pm the right time to activate it or could it go off 24hrs a day?
- If the overall feedback is positive should it be fitted permanently?
If you haven't heard the siren then here's a short video:
If you've got any feedback then please either send it to Robert Aggas, the RNLI's Fleet Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or to us here at the Lifeboat Station.