Monday, 14 March 2016

Shannon machinery training for our mechanics this week.

This week our station mechanic and 3 of his deputies will be attending a course to learn all about the machinery on our new Shannon class lifeboat.
This will cover everything from the Hamilton waterjets and the Scania engines to the electronic controls and the onboard systems. It will be an intensive week with 30% of the time being in the classroom and the remaining 70% being on board the boat.
This is the second of the 3 courses that will be done at the RNLI college in Poole and gets us another step closer to our Shannon arriving in Swanage on Friday 8th April.